Experimental potatoes

About a month ago I had a lot of potatoes growing sprouts in the kitchen. The problem is that they are market potatoes. Why is that a problem?!?! Well, I don’t know anything about what kind of pesticides and soil they were grown in! I really don’t want to expose my garden soil to weird nematodes or any type of disease. So, instead of just throwing them in the compost, I put them in the second bin of the compost. (The one that doesn’t have anything in it as of now!) I added some aged compost and covered with wood chips. That’s it! So far, the experiment is going pretty well! Here they are about a month later:

image

I will definitely be updating later in the season with how the experiment is going! Hopefully I will get at least a few potatoes!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s