June went by so quickly!! But, I enjoyed every second of it! So, here is the goal summary for June:
1. Begin beekeeping: The bees are all doing great! I put the second deep box on them and they are filling it up! They really are “busy bees!” And since they put some honeycomb above the frame, I got to scrape it off and give it a try! That was the sweetest thing I have ever tasted!
2. Make a pollinator garden: It’s looking better! Not as many flowers as I hoped for, but the rose did bloom this month. The lavendar did too! Next up looks to be the black eyed susans. The bees and butterflies have been hanging out here a lot!
4. No new fashion in 2016: I know most females would freak out over this one! I finally found and have washed and worn my new to me bathing suit! I also picked up a cute paisley skirt for next school year, a long sleeve shirt and a plain pink shirt. And I’m finished shopping for a long time! (All from second hand shops!)
5. Reduce garbage: (Did you know the average American produces 4.4 lbs of garbage per day?!?!) Remember how we only had one bag of trash last month? Well we were able to do it again!! Whoo hoo! Now I’m making it harder! It’s plastic free July (it’s a real thing, check the web!) anything I personally use that has disposable plastic will go in this jar. Hopefully I don’t fill it too much! 😳
6. Complete the 2016 in 2016 challenge: That means getting rid of 2016 things in our home this year! 1,060 things outta this house! We are officially on the second page of the challenge!
7. Finish the kitchen remodel: Here are the new stools for the coffee area! Yes, I use the most wasteful thing ever invented, the keurig! But, we use only a refillable container. No disposables here! And that Apple boarder is coming down this month!!
8. Build an arbor and plant some grapes:(I’ve wanted to do this for years!) Grapes are in the ground and looking good. Probably not putting up the trellis for a while, but no big deal at all! I do give the mister too many jobs!
9. Expand the garden:We have been planting, tilling and watering so much! I basically live in the garden at this point! We have our main garden, several raised beds, a small area next to the bee hives dedicated to the three sisters garden and we have planted the grandparents garden the next town over! When we start harvesting, we are going to be crazy busy!
11. Organize the least organized place in the house, the garage: The shelves are still organized! And we will be having a yard sale at the end of the month!
12. Treat my crafting more like a business: I had 5 online sales and have sold several hooded and regular towels also sold many items at a craft show! So, kinda busy!
13. Work on budgeting and paying down the house: We are plugging along making double payments and hoping to get this place paid off in less than 10 years, and it’s going pretty well! Plus we have been getting rid of easy packaged food items!
Hole you all are achieving all of your goals! The year is only half over, so if you didn’t set any goals you still have plenty of time!