July can’t be over already!! But, we did get a lot accomplished around here this month!
1. Begin beekeeping: The bees are all doing great! I had to put another box on the hive for the bees to start filling with honey! I’m not going through their hives much, because they are very feisty at this point!
2. Make a pollinator garden: The black eyed susans are looking so beautiful! In the garden there are some beautiful red sunflowers blooming! The gladiolus flowers should bloom next month!
4. No new fashion in 2016: I know most females would freak out over this one! I bought absolutely nothing this month!
5. Reduce garbage: (Did you know the average American produces 4.4 lbs of garbage per day?!?!) So, we filled that jar with too many wrappers and a few receipts. But, the great news is that the garbage bag is only about half full! I guess we should see if we only produce 1 bag of garbage for 2 month!
6. Complete the 2016 in 2016 challenge: That means getting rid of 2016 things in our home this year! Still on track! 1,278 items are gone!
7. Finish the kitchen remodel: No more Apple border here in the kitchen!! It came off so easily! We got some new carpet runners and a better fan! We also bought the new outlets and covers. We might just finish this kitchen in August!!
8. Build an arbor and plant some grapes:(I’ve wanted to do this for years!) Grapes are in the ground and still looking good. We bought the posts and concrete, so we will be working on constructing the arbor soon!
9. Expand the garden:I am still basically living in the garden at this point! We have our main garden, several raised beds, a small area next to the bee hives dedicated to the three sisters garden and we have planted the grandparents garden the next town over! Now that we have been harvesting so much, we are always in the garden.
10. Preserve more food: We have been harvesting lots of green beans and have canned around 40 pints and 14 quarts! Hoping to have lots of tomatoes next month!
12. Treat my crafting more like a business: I had 6 online sales and have sold several hooded and regular towels. So, kinda busy!
13. Work on budgeting and paying down the house: We are still plugging along making double payments and hoping to get this place paid off faster! One thing we never really thought of was how quickly we gain more money towards the principal each month! It’s a lot! Whoo hoo!
We are halfway through the year and still totally committed to all of our goals! Are you still working on your goals?