This is the season of preserving for sure! We have our main focus on putting up our harvest, but managed to keep checking off our other goals!
1. Begin beekeeping: The bees are looking great! They have been busier than normal, out getting their hives full of whatever they can find! Busy, busy bees!!
2. Make a pollinator garden: I can say that we have definitely completed this challenge! So many different flowers!✔️
4. No new fashion in 2016: I know most females would freak out over this one! I bought absolutely nothing this month! Not one thing!!
5. Reduce garbage: (Did you know the average American produces 4.4 lbs of garbage per day?!?!) It’s getting pretty easy to only make 1 bag of garbage for the month! Go us!!
6. Complete the 2016 in 2016 challenge: That means getting rid of 2016 things in our home this year! Still on track!
7. Finish the kitchen remodel: I can’t lie, this has been at a stand still. But, even though this just happened today, I won this beautiful handmade kitchen towel!
8. Build an arbor and plant some grapes:(I’ve wanted to do this for years!) Arbor is basically fished!! So, I believe this will be a big ol’ check next month!
9. Expand the garden: We have definitely completed this for the year! We added on several raised beds and a three sisters garden! So we can give this a ✔️
12. Treat my crafting more like a business: This month I was able to make 6 sales at my etsy store and I’m building inventory for our best sale of the year, Autumn Glory! I even started making some cute hair bows!
13. Work on budgeting and paying down the house: We had a certain number that we were shooting for being at for the end of the year, and we are there already! So this goal is already a ✔️!
August was kind if a blur! We have been busy with preserving and work and school! I am really hoping to announce that the kitchen is finished after next month!