This year has been amazing, at least when it comes to our goals! We have made so much progress around here for sure! So, here’s the progress we made here:
1. Begin beekeeping: Our bees are doing their winter thing. We don’t see them often. (Unless it gets above 50 degrees!) But, since it warmed up we actually saw them out and about! ✔
2. Make a pollinator garden: I can say that we have definitely completed this challenge! We grew black eyed Susan’s, crocus flowers, echinacea, lavender, roses and cosmos flowers. The 🐝s were happy! ✔
3. Vacation somewhere different:(Now that the boy is getting older!) We have managed to do a good bit of traveling, and plan to do even more in 2017! We have been to Tennessee, Hershey Park, Washington D.C., Gettysburg, Pa, local attractions and lots of camping! ✔
4. No new fashion in 2016: I know most females would freak out over this one! Well, this turned out to be way too easy. I didn’t buy any new clothes this year! Heck, I even had my momma help me find a second hand bathing suit! All in all, it was nice not wasting money on clothes! But, in 2017, I’m going to focus on more quality made items! ✔
5. Reduce garbage: (Did you know the average American produces 4.4 lbs of garbage per day?!?!) Only 1 bag of trash made during this over consumer kind of month! We burned a lot of paper and checked all plastic packaging for ♻️ symbols! And we are going to continue reducing in years to come!
6. Complete the 2016 in 2016 challenge: That means getting rid of 2016 things in our home this year! So, guess what?!?! We straightened up around here and got rid of all 2,016 things! So, a big ✔️
7. Finish the kitchen remodel: only the baseboard left! Yes, that freaking baseboard is still left! #damnitmrllewellyn! 😉 But we have accomplished so much in there! And we have our adorable sign above the sink. So, we will give it a ✔
10. Preserve more food: I think I can definitely check this off! ✔️We canned so many green beans, tomato sauces, jams/jellies, salsa and chili sauce! I hope that our families enjoy the jelly and jam we gifted to them!
11. Organize the least organized place in the house, the garage: I don’t know if the garage will ever be perfect, but it looks the best that it ever has! The recycle area is usable and I have bigger plans for this area in 2017!
13. Work on budgeting and paying down the house: We had a certain number that we were shooting for being at for the end of the year, and we are there already! So this goal is already a big ✔️! 💰
I have loved writing about these goals every month! And don’t you worry, we have 13 more goals selected for 2017! I will definitely be sharing them very soon! Even if you don’t blog, write down a few goals and put them in a place that you see often! And if course, if you want to share some of your goals with me, please do!