Last year we tracked our goals and loved being able to share with others! Check out last year’s results: https://littlellewellynhomestead.wordpress.com/2016/12/31/2016-goal-recap/
As for this year, we have come up with 12 new goals for 2017!
1. Zero waste our home! We already do a good bit to avoid creating trash, but there is always room for improvement! Here’s the last post on what we already do: https://littlellewellynhomestead.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/zero-waste/
3. 12 bags of garbage per year. Americans are super wasteful. We are going to try to only produce one 13 gallon kitchen trash bag per month
5. Create a summer kitchen. We will be turning a spot in the basement into a nice canning area. (And continue preserving our harvest!)
6. Expand the garden. We won’t be planting the grandparent’s garden this year, but we will be expanding our own garden!
7. Grow some different plants. Last year I was so excited about the luffa gourds that I grew. I’ll be growing them again along with some other different plants. Cucamelons are definitely on the list!
8. Make a chicken viewing area. In the warm months I love sitting by the garden and watch the chickens and bees, but I normally sit on the ground. We are hoping to make a nice seated area!
10. Track our solar panels. The panels were installed in December. We will be tracking how much energy we make and how cost efficient they are!
So, there you have it! We are going to try our best to accomplish our goals and would love for you all to follow our adventures! Did anyone else set some goals?