Today was one of those days that made me feel like maybe I should have just stayed in bed. I felt some sort of illness coming on last night and woke up with a fever, rash and cough. Weird, right? But, the day continued on.
Then, while feeding the chickens, we found out that a raccoon managed to devour 1 chicken and rip the head off of another chicken. There will be no more blue eggs here at the homestead now.
Since I don’t like to seem like I’m being negative too much, I’ll end on some positives:
1. At least it was only 2, and not more.
2. The 2 that we killed were my oldest chickens.
3. The following dish cloths that I crocheted up cracked me up because they reminded me of Neapolitan ice cream:
4. I’m so close to finishing all my personalized towel orders!!
5. I have been receiving great feedback about my beeswax lip balm! (And was able to get some more made!)
I will miss both of those sweet chickens. The brown girl was the last one from our original 4 “fluff butts” and the Easter Egger was a great find from one of my roller derby friends! Here’s to tomorrow being a better day!