Hello all! We have had a nice influx of new people to our little blog since Mavis over at onehundreddollarsamonth.com featured my husband’s Blacksmithing hobby!
1. So obviously, my husband is a backyard blacksmith! He’s pretty awesome and makes all kinds of metal creations, including my favorite dinner bells!
2. We try to grow as much food as we can and preserve our over abundance!
3. I am a beekeeper! I love having them to help pollinate everything, and also the delicious honey and wax for crafting!
4. I also love growing lots of flowers to keep the pollinators happy, and have plans to grow a much larger patch of pollinator friendly plants this summer!
5. We keep chickens to give us lots of delicious eggs and they help us create less trash by eating leftovers!
6. I’m the eco warrior at the school I teach at. I teach my sweet 3rd graders about caring for our precious Earth and do the recycling for our building! Someone has to do it!
7. I love crocheting and craft everything from toboggans to washcloths to sell at local craft shows!
8/9. I love both sewing and upcycling whatever is headed towards the trash into something useful!
10. We try not to produce an over abundance of garbage and strive to be zerowaste!
11. We have been tracking our solar panels and how they are working out for the past year!
12. We try to eat at home and cook all of our own food! It helps to save money and I know what’s in my food!
So these are a few things that we have going on here on our less than an acre in a small town! We really appreciate anyone taking time to read about our tiny homestead happenings!