I’ll start off with how we were able to go on such a nice trip this summer, while saving money.
1. We haven’t been on a big vacation in 3 years. Only little weekend trips. (But still very fun!)
2. We camped all along the way in the camper that we could double our money on, if we sold it today. (Because we upgraded it so much!)
3. We saved up all year to make sure that we wouldn’t have to dip into our savings for our trip! (By choosing to not eat out, buy things that we don’t need and limiting our spending for the holidays!)
4. We rarely ate out. Because we were camping, we made a majority of our meals in the camper. It was so nice having that stove and our fridge!
And remember the adorable toaster oven/griddle/coffee maker combo for the camper?
It was amazing! We were able to have morning coffee from our campsite and… the thing holds a freezer pizza perfectly!
It was so nice to be able to have some of my boy’s favorite food available for him without ordering out! We ❤️❤️❤️ That toaster over! (We got it on amazon FYI!)
5. We were not big souvenir buyers. The boy and I got a shirt and we took lots of photos that I will be turning into a scrapbook at some point.
Now on to the rest of the month! We have been working really hard at paying down the house! And we are down below the next $10k! We enjoy seeing that number fall!
We also have been eating more from the garden and saving up on our grocery bills. Since I love gardening, it’s a win-win!
We have also sold a bit of our produce and will use that money to buy plants and garden supplies next year!
June was really a blur, due to school finishing and our trip all at one time! The summer is a time for us to focus on saving (since I don’t get paid again until September!) I’m looking into more ways to save, and would love hearing any suggestions! Thanks for reading along and keep blooming! 🌱💚